Wednesday 18 January 2017

I Love the Knight Life

My heart was pounding thump thump thump.
When Mr Emms came up with the mighty megamicrophone, it felt like like I was in an oven.
Mrs Thompson called us up. "Room 4, Room 4," she called. "It's time to go and get your stuff from the Rainbow Reading room."
We all hopped up on our two feet. I asked Millie, "Do you feel nervous?"
"Yes," she replied, in a shivery way.
Everyone was trying to shake the shivers out of them.
Soon after, we were on stage, waiting for Holly and Sabriye to open the curtains.
Boom! and the big red bulky curtains were open. I realised my part was a bit away. A song came on. It calmed me down a bit but, when the song stopped, there was traffic of tingly butterflies in my tummy.
Savannah, the narrator, said, "As King Arthur waits to be rescued, the Room Four rugby team come to cheer him up."
"Jaxon, Caleb, Michael, Porter, Brandon, Noah and Caleb. M," yelled the boys.
I walked forward, waddling like a duck.
"And I'm big fan," I said with shakes in my body.
"I’ve got this feeling," the radio sang out loud.
All the girls did perfect cartwheels across the stage while the boys were mooving and grooving to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment