Wednesday 18 January 2017

The Netball And Touch Tournament

Yesterday it was our Netball and Touch tournament at Paterson Park.
Thump, Thump, Thump! My feet trotted across the ground like horse hooves.
It was   freezing cold. I could hear trees whispering  as ice came dribbling down to the cold and wet ground. I could hear my hands saying, "Put some gloves on." I could hear the voices from my hands slowly fading away as I put them in my pockets.
We arrived at Paterson Park. Slap! as my feet walked into the netball grounds.
We heard a  noise like a fire truck driving past with its siren on. We all sat on the cold concrete, alarmed.  It was a screaming horn saying, "Come sit down. It was a human. She was a Bernard  Ferguson teacher. She was yelling right through the cold and breezy air. I had a big team. Mrs Thompson was telling us what our places were. 'You're the game! You're the game!' yelled Mrs Thompson. I was playing as GA. Bounce, bounce, the ball cried.
Some of the St Paul's children were yelling with their noisy voices, "Let's go St Paul's, let's go." It gave me the butterflies. I thought I would let them down.
Boom! The ball crashed into my hand. I tried not to pass it back into the big crowd. I thought to myself, "I can do this." I threw it into the hoop with its mouth wide open. The ball splatted out like an egg splatting into a  bowl.
The ball passed on like a flying saucer. It passed over to goal defence like lightning. She threw it back out into the crowd fearlessly.







No comments:

Post a Comment